In June 2013, NYC Economic Development Corporation and Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) to identify a development partner for the site, which received one of the highest response rates in EDC’s recent history. The Hudson Companies Incorporated was designated in September 2014. Hudson agreed to pay $52 million to acquire the land and develop 114 units of affordable housing units. For more information on the selection process, please click here.
The Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development has issued a Negative Declaration for the Project, thereby marking the completion of the City Environmental Quality Review Process. Click here to download the project’s Environmental Assessment Statement.
The 280 Cadman Plaza West project has completed the Uniform Land Use Review Process (ULURP), and was fully approved on March 1, 2016. Click here to download the certified ULURP application.
The project’s schedule is:
- Public Review: Summer 2015 – Winter 2016 (completed)
- Fit out of Interim Library: Winter/Spring 2016 (completed)
- Interim Library Opening: July 2016 (completed)
- 280 Cadman Interior Demolition start: December 2016
- 280 Cadman Exterior Demolition & Construction start: February 2017
- Construction completion: Spring 2020